Monday, April 12, 2010

The Great College Road Trip - Round Up

Friday afternoon, about 1:00 p.m., I finally call the boys since I have not heard from them since Thursday afternoon.  Brian answers, "oh, hey.  sorry.  probably should have called you."  Right, story of my life.  So, I take a really big deep breath and decide to let it go, especially since he had sweet baby Patch with him and I was curious how the trip was going.

Apparently, the hottest girl ever was in the Blacksburg Elevator.  VA Tech does remind him of Hogwarts, just like Ryan said.  Loved the location and the campus.  However, he's concerned it may be a little too engineering oriented for him.  Still on the list, just not as high as USC and Wake.

We are greatful that now, Patrick is thinking about what he likes and what he doesn't like, how to translate that into a future with a potential career.  As much as he would love to get paid to sit around and drum all day long, the liklihood of that career is slim to none! 

At the end, the boys arrive home exhausted with a renewed bond between them.  They have tons of stories, great memories and some merchandise.  Brian still wants to be in college and Patrick is excited about the opportunites that await him.

What will I do when they're all gone ...

1 comment:

Terry said...

I've got a pet boutique for sale.