Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days and Liberal Leave ...

Each year we all hope for one good snow storm - a storm that is strong enough to allow the kids a day or two off school and mom and dad a day of liberal leave! Those of you who are familiar with the Baltimore-Washington metro area know that the kids have a pretty decent shot as schools close just because the potential for winter weather exists. You also know that liberal leave is rarely offered, even with the state closes roads and public transportation. Well, this week, we all got our wish thanks to some snow followed by sleet and freezing rain! It was really nice to snuggle with the kids watching movies all day! The picture is for our relatives in the tropics - don't lie, you know you miss this ...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm not going to lie...I miss the snow!! Enjoy it for me!!

Sara said...

After our few weeks in the cold I actually am surprised that I don't miss it as much as I thought! The snow is so pretty though and I miss cozying up in the house!

The Gunning Family said...

Okay, if we're all being honest, the snow is pretty, but ice - no thanks!!! It was the cuddling and movies that saved me today!!! Aunt Donna